About Us, Michael & Christi Hargis

My photo
Tucson/Tombstone, AZ, United States
WE are Entertainers and RV Park Mgrs PLEASE ADD a COMMENT or just say HI. You can click on any of the photos to enlarge them. See our other Blog;http://michaelhargisshow.blogspot.com/

Monday, March 30, 2009

Laundromat Blues (christi)

Laundromat Blues So here I sit at the local laundromat/carwash combo in Tombstone, Arizona. I found a tablet of neon pink paper in my Jeep console, to record this moment in time. I didn't expect to find myself here for at least two more months. But let me explain my dilemma. (Those of the male persuasion may find this terribly boring, so consider yourself warned.) There I was crunching on my usual breakfast of yogurt and homemade granola, when I noticed a strange smell. Kind of a cross between burning rubber and an electrical malfunction. I actually stopped in mid-sentence (no comments from the men that are still reading, please) and said, "What is that smell?" Before I could get the whole thought out, Michael was flying off the barstool, headed for the washing machine, which was billowing smoke. OK, maybe not billowing but the room was filling with smoke. As Michael unplugged the smoking beast, I opened windows and doors to clear the air of the stench. Fortunately it's a warm Spring morning, so we didn't have to choke and freeze at the same time. It's not like we weren't warned. The washer has been making a loud roaring sound for the last two weeks during the spin cycle. But with bus obsession and all, we just ignored it. I just hoped it could hold out a couple more months. I needed that time to acquire the appropriate laundromat attitude. The laundromat is the only thing I can think of that I don't look forward to about going on the road. I just want to throw in a load of clothes and get on with the other chores of the day. The laudromat requires sorting, packing and loading the laundry into the car. Gathering hangers, detergent and softener. Then there's the quarters. I have actually started saving quarters for our tour. You never can trust the change machines. And you have to have reading material or something else to keep you from the boredom that comes with waiting for the rinse cycle. There's also the other issues: packing 6 loads of laundry into the back of the Jeep, only to get there and have all the machines full with a line of people waiting OR have all the machines full, but no one there to extract their clean clothes. Now, I have been guilty a time or two of that one, but it's still annoying! Basically, it's just the inconvenience of it all. I know, put on my big girl panties and deal with it. And I will. I just wanted some attitude adjustment time. Instead, I was thrown headlong into the laundromat blues. I was lucky today, I was the only one there. And for the next couple of months, I only have to wash the clothes there. I still have a working electric dryer and my favorite solar dryer, commonly known as the clothesline. I'm really going to miss that. I actually find it very relaxing to hang out the clothes and there's nothing like the smell of clothes hung out in our clean Arizona air. I know, corny. But now that I have been thrust into the laundromat life once again, I will accept it with grace, and patience and a good book. Maybe even a glass of wine. After all, it's five-o'clock somewhere. All the Best, Michael & Christi See our other Blog;http://michaelhargisshow.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. I am typing this comment with one hand (as the other is being held behind my back by Carol to respond to this post) so if there are any spelling errors I am innocent...LOL.

    Carol is convinced that an Apartment size W&D are a necessity for a woman on the road. If you have the height available a stackable is available, or in our case a side by side was the only option. I must say my life has been very pleasant since we installed ours about 9 years ago.

    The Argument against are space issues, but the list of advantages are ease, economics, time, and my favorite...Sanity.

    The use of water is a issue...Being hooked up helps as you have a endless supply of water, and a place for it to go (down the drain) when it drains. It is a 120 plug so it will work with even a 30 amp system.

    All right my arm is free..Happy Aprils Fools Day to the both of you!

    Carol & Tom

    ReplyDelete