About Us, Michael & Christi Hargis

My photo
Tucson/Tombstone, AZ, United States
WE are Entertainers and RV Park Mgrs PLEASE ADD a COMMENT or just say HI. You can click on any of the photos to enlarge them. See our other Blog;http://michaelhargisshow.blogspot.com/

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Propane Compartment (michael)

Propane Compartment
Another thing I was dreading doing to Mrs. Jones is the propane compartment. It's funny to me that I have all this knowledge and experience in building, but somethings I would just rather not do. Like PROPANE COMPARTMENTS. Now just because I don't want to do something, does not mean I don't have to do it. Christi makes me. She said, "An electric stove top costs too much and I would rather have gas". As you men know by now, Mama gets what Mama wants and Mama wants gas. So I said "Fine". I went out to Mrs. Jones, picked up my cell phone and called Jeff. I told him of the wants and needs of Mrs. Jones. He arrived and we went to work. I sent Jeff over to the thrift store with a grinder to remove an LP bottle base for an old trailer, while I pulled all the material we will need out of the salvage pile. Soon we had padded aluminum sheets and aluminum angle stock. Mmmm, salvage. It was pretty easy to do. Don't know what all the fuss was about. We put the base and bottles in the bay below the cook top. We traced the footprint on the floor and found that we could use the floor supports as the top framing. We set the angle aluminum on the bay floor and affixed them with self-tappers. Then the padded aluminum sheet stock for the walls also screwed in place. Then caulked all the seams. Set the base. Cut the drains and placed louvers over them. I found some rubber seals and fit them so the bay door would fit tight when closed. Nice! I will run the line to the cooktop later. Thanks Jeff. What are you doing tomorrow?
All the Best, Michael & Christi See our other Blog;http://michaelhargisshow.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Michael, Iv'e yet to do mine, the tanks are in and plumbed, just need to "Git 'er done". Lookin' good buddy! Mama usually gets what she wants!

    ReplyDelete