About Us, Michael & Christi Hargis

My photo
Tucson/Tombstone, AZ, United States
WE are Entertainers and RV Park Mgrs PLEASE ADD a COMMENT or just say HI. You can click on any of the photos to enlarge them. See our other Blog;http://michaelhargisshow.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Venting Through the Roof (michael)

Venting through the roof. For some reason, I did not want to do this. Putting a hole in the roof is just wrong. I put it off as long as I could. Momma want a bathroom and a kitchen sink. I used a 2.1/4inch all purpose hole saw and a drill motor. I cut a hole in the 2x4 plate and then carefully cut through the aluminum ceiling. I stopped to inspect for wires and sure enough, their they were. A whole bundle of them. I moved them out of the way and drilled a pilot hole through the roof in the center of the hole. I climbed up on the roof with all the tools and supplies I need to complete to task at hand. Using the same hole saw, I cut through the roof. Wheew! Not as bad as I thought it would be. Using a 50 year silicone caulk and 1/2 inch self tapping screws, I applied the flashing to the roof. I will paint it white later so it will blend. I then cut the ABS vent pipe at a slant and put it through the flashing boot with the slant facing the rear. I read that on someones web page. A small piece of P-tape and 2 screws held the pipe in place. I'm glad that is over with!
All the Best, Michael & Christi See our other Blog;http://michaelhargisshow.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Drilling a hole anywhere in the coach is really hard for me. Imagine my distress at mounting the awning - we had to drill dozens of holes and hack a great gash into the SS wheel surrounds where the arm attaches to the beltline. I'm going to have to drill a bunch of roof holes this summer to mount solar panels. That will be a stressful day.

    ReplyDelete