About Us, Michael & Christi Hargis

My photo
Tucson/Tombstone, AZ, United States
WE are Entertainers and RV Park Mgrs PLEASE ADD a COMMENT or just say HI. You can click on any of the photos to enlarge them. See our other Blog;http://michaelhargisshow.blogspot.com/

Sunday, October 27, 2019

It Happened Again....It's a Curse....

It happened again,
So I made a great deal on a unicorn 1929 Martin Prototype 2-18, 14/15 fret, 1 7/8 nut, 6 string Peg Head with Hand Voiced Red ADIRONDACK Spruce Top with Scalloped Braces.
Honduras Mahogany back & sides,Brazilian board, bridge, head plate, end wedge & binding, Acoustic Guitar Vintage Natural in color!
Out of the case the 29' had a wonderful sweet smell of Mahogany ( sweetest I have ever smelt, almost cedar-ish). The taste went right to my tongue as soon as I laded eyes on her.
A five min. inspection and a quick tune. I snuggled her up to my body found her G on the nice and wide fret board and ran my thumb down the strings. WoW! The sound that came out of this polar size body was Butter and her voice seemed to load for this little body.
I played "Don't let the sun catch you crying" and oh Man! She trembled in my hands begging "Play me, Play Me"....By this time my tongue was tingling and my eyes were itching. But I was drawn the her. Next I played " It never rains in Calf." The neck felt so good BUT, by now My eyes were watering So I put her down across the living room in a floor stand. I went into the bathroom to wash my face and hands. I stopped to look in the mirror.... Who was this old Bastard looking back at me, can't even play a nice guitar without crying?!!? I came back into the living room and turned the TV on. I looked at her standing in the opposite corner of my ol' 76 Super Chet and I felt a little guilty that I wanted to touch the 29" Martin. Anyone else ever fell like that?
Then I could hear her (the 29') whisper, play me! I turned back to the TV... I was felling better... I glanced at her and again...Play me..... No! Back to the TV but my eyes where not watering anymore... I'm getting real tired of not being able to play guitars I want to play!.... Play Me! she hunts me.... What if I just cowboy up and play through it? I could no longer stand it... in a blink she was in my arms again, her sweet smells danced around my eyes and tongue. Her voice rang through my head like a siren calling a sailor to the rocks and a watery grave. My eyes were leaking again but I played on... After 30 or more mins. I had to put her down... I was sick to my stomach, my lungs felt full and eyes were puffy and felt like sandpaper. Back to the bathroom.... Washed my face and hands, cold towel over my head. I felt like ___it!... Mirror"Now Look at You!" I can't do this! I went and put her back in her case and in the closet in the spare bedroom. After about two hours I felt good enough the lay down and sleep. The 29' hunted my dreams, calling...always calling... In my dream she didn't make me sick and she made me a better player... I awoke feeling good, thank goodness, after having a bite I can hear her calling... I went over and picked up my ol' gal sitting in the corner and strummed her. I felt sad that I could not play the Martin... Then thinking there must be a way but until I find it! I must resist...Still she calls...................

All the Best, Michael & Christi See our other Blog;http://michaelhargisshow.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment