About Us, Michael & Christi Hargis

My photo
Leeds/Tombstone, UT/AZ, United States
WE are Entertainers and RV Park Mgr and RV Sales michaelhargis.com PLEASE ADD a COMMENT or just say HI. You can click on any of the photos to enlarge them. See our other Blog;http://michaelhargisshow.blogspot.com/

Monday, February 15, 2010

All we need to know, Should we stay or should we go?

All we need to know, Should we stay or should we go? We recived this e-mail last Friday; Chuck Jones to michael, Elk show details Feb 12 (3 days ago) Michael It has been given to me the obligation to inform you that; the company officers have made a decision to go in another direction relative to the entertainment at Elk Meadow. So; it is with reluctance that I must inform you that your contract has been cancelled. We wish you the best! Chuck Jones This is very bad for our up coming tour. Our contract with Elk Meadow Resort in Estes Park, CO was to be a dinner show. We were guaranteed a minimum of 2 shows a week with perks for the whole summer season. As a norm we have to book shows 1 year in advance. Now here we are 2.5 months out and we have lost our summer! The whole summer! Now we are down to "the bird in the hand" syndrome. We are working at an RV resort in CA. that pays the bills and we can stay here for as long as we want too. We can book shows in the area and here at the resort. So, Should we stay or should we go? I think about the fact that I (Michael) am 50 y/o now and I don't have a lot of time to get my name back out there. On the other hand it would be a full time job to book shows this late in the game and the shows would be what ever we could get. Its very frustrating. The road calls to me. I want to show Christi this great country in our bus. Time is going by so fast these days. I don't want to wake up one day and say, " I Should Have Done That!" Should we stay or should we go? I keep asking myself. Should we stay or should we go? All the Best, Michael & Christi See our other Blog;http://michaelhargisshow.blogspot.com/


  1. I usually ask the Universe for a sign in situations such as this and I usually get an answer. You just have to be able to read the signs in the most unlikely places. Good luck to you, whatever you decide. By the way, at 50 you still have many more years to travel!

  2. I agree w/ Gypsy, you still have alot of time. I understand the urge of the road also. Just a thought...have you looked into Workamper? Possible positions with the ability to travel. Maybe pick a location where you can perform also.

  3. When one door closes another one opens, you just have to see it. Have faith, something will come up and maybe even better! Keep your dreams alive and always do what your heart tells you to.

  4. Michael: Will your spot in Ramona give you any flexibility? You're well-positioned for SoCal, and could even take a few gigs in the Central Coast area. Groom an assistant so you could take Fri-Mon off to do shows. Absorb some of the assistant costs from your music income, if you have to. The park keeps you (a real asset!) and gets a well rehearsed understudy in the assistant.

    Atascadero, CA

  5. Thank you all for your comments, they have helped. We are still going over the Pro's and Con's of this. If we can cut another album, we will go for it. So now we are putting together the funds to see if we can do it. M&C